Valley Isle Aquatics
~Swim Lessons University Courses
*Comprehensive "Learn to Swim" Curriculum with Video-based Training
*Child-centered, progressive swim lesson system designed to make children safer when in and around the water.
- Instructional videos with step-by-step guidelines on how to encourage and develop children's swimming skills and techniques.
- Instructors will learn practical and developmentally sound teaching techniques that are dynamic and engaging.
- DVD training modules can be used individually or administered as a group.
- Optional online streaming video training available for larger swim programs.
- Teach Like A Pro - The fundamentals of teaching...this course promises to improve the effectiveness of swimming instructors.
- Parent & Tot - for ages 12 - 36 months – A child-centered, yet progressive approach to teaching toddlers to swim.
- Swim 100 - A course that turns beginners into swimmers using progressive, a child-focused approach while teaching fundamental swimming skills.
- Swim 101 for ages 3-5
- Swim 102 for ages 6-9
- Swim 103 for ages 10-12
- Swim 104 for ages 13-adult
- Note: Swim 102 and 103 combined on one video
- Swim Strokes 200– A progressive strokes course that teaches entry-level swimmers the formal strokes of freestyle and backstroke.
- Swim Strokes 201 for ages 3-5
- Swim Strokes 202 for ages 6-9
- Swim Strokes 203 for ages 10-12
- Swim Strokes 204 for ages 13-adult
- Note: Swim 201, 202, and 203 combined on one video
- Advanced Swim Strokes 300– A progressive advanced strokes course that teaches breaststroke and butterfly to swimmers who have already mastered freestyle and backstroke. *Valley Isle Aquatics teaches 300BS Breast Stroke and 300BF Butterfly courses; they are not combined into one course.
- Advanced Swim Strokes 301 for ages 3-5
- Advanced Swim Strokes 302 for ages 6-9
- Advanced Swim Strokes 303 for ages 10-12
- Note: One video per stroke; Courses for Swim Strokes 301, 302 and 303 combined per video
- Lifesaving Strokes 400– A progressive advanced strokes course that teaches the lifesaving strokes of sidestroke, elementary backstroke, and treading.
- Lifesaving Strokes 401 for ages 3-5
- Lifesaving Strokes 402 for ages 6-9
- Lifesaving Strokes 403 for ages 10-12
- Note: Swim 401, 402 and 403 combined on one video
Web-based, interactive swimming instructor testing and certification.
- Once the swimming instructor completes the video training, online tests are available for certification.
- After completion of the video training and examintation, the instructor will participate in hands-on training with a certified trainer.
- With the completed test, the swimming instructor is presented a Certificate of Completion - signed by Jim Reiser, President of Swim Lessons University, and World Aquatic Babies and Children Network's president, Steve Graves.
- Swim Lesson University's Instructor Certifications are endorsed by the WABC.
Step-by-Step Lesson Plans
- Available as downloadable PDF for unlimited printing or as a single laminated document.
- Lesson Plans include exact exercises, instructions, cues, and progressions.
- Each course in the curriculum has a corresponding lesson plan.
Innovative Swim Lessons Awards Progression and Water Safety System
Swim Lessons University has developed an innovative system for rewarding swimmers as they complete each course. Children are given a brightly colored bracelet for each completed swimming course that is color coded to help communicate to parents, teachers, and lifeguards the skill level of each child as they progress through the swim lesson curriculum. These are not included in the program, however may be purchased from the website.
Please complete the registration form, and make your PayPal payment; once these are completed you will receive a confirmation of registration email.